Thursday 24 January 2013

summer.



I feel like lately there's been so much happening which I haven't blogged about yet, I don't know where to start.
The other week we went down to Woolamai for the week with such an awesome bunch of people.

On the second day there we went over to French Island for a night.... It was an adventure that's for sure..  We had planned to sail over, but it was a very windy day, too windy for a small sailboat! In the end we caught a barge over. 
There's really something strange about going somewhere where you have to rely on other people to get there and get home.. Maybe it's just that I'm so used to having a car, but I felt a little bit edgy the whole time.. just that feeling of not being able to leave when you like. 
I had really high expectations of the Island but it wasn't quite as idyllic as I'd imagined. There was a very cute fat pig that hung around though, and it was fun sleeping in the old prison cells. 





One of my favourite things to do when we go to Woolamai in jumping off the pier in San Remo. The water was so beautiful.. glassy, greenish blue. 













We went on some nice long walks around to the magic beach.. swam in the rock pool.. ate lots of yummy food.. even went to the carnival... 
But mostly it was just nice to hang out with our crew all week. 


It was nice to have the pup there too, he's a good one.




We saw 5 stingrays! They came right up to the beach. They are so elegant, they glide so smoothly through the shallow water and gently break the surface. It's so special seeing such beautiful creatures up close. 
We also saw 1 wallaby, 2 penguins and lots of pelicans! I love the pelicans, I love how they tuck their beak(bill?) neatly in between their wings and their neck just disappears! 


We had delicious fresh fish one night for dinner, caught by Freya and Dan. Whiting and leatherjacket I think..



I've been having some yummy smoothies, and made more delicious sorbet in the Bellini. 



See ya later peeps! Now to try and work out how to put the photos from my new birthday camera on the computer so I can put them on the blog! Exciting times :-)

x Zan

No comments: