Saturday 8 December 2012

a weekend breakfast.



Rosewater Pikelets with Maple syrup and Strawberries

I decided to make something other than the usual avocado toast or eggs for breakfast this morning, and I've been reading a friend's new blog Welcome To The Harvest which is where this recipe is from.
Definitely worth a look. This blog has beautiful, healthy, seasonal recipes and great insight into some local organic farms.



I used 1 cup spelt flour and 1 cup plain flour instead of wholemeal, and I'm not such a butter fan so I just served it with strawberries, maple syrup and some sheeps yoghurt. The Loving Earth caramelised pecans they mention are really delicious, but I didn't have any on hand.


I'm usually a super duper thin crepe like pancakes kinda person, but mine never turn out as good as mum's, so I'll leave the thin pancake making to her..






Here are some things that get me excited for Christmas... 
The smell of cherries at work
The smell of the pancakes cooking this morning
An abundance of strawberries
These hot days we've been having, swimming in the river
Christmas shopping at doncaster.... HA just kidding I'm going to try my best to avoid it.



Have a lovely sunny sunday everyone. 

x Zannah


No comments: